We all use one or the other method forremoving our body hair. Removing hair is not gender specific both men and women use a variety of methods to get rid of either facial hair our body hair. There are a variety of ways to get rid of facial or body hair. The easiest and the cheapest way used by many is shaving.
Shaving is fast and requires less effort. People who shave know how painful it gets after you are done theshaving.Regular shaving can cause razor bumps. These are also called razor burns. Shaving cuts off thehair at a steep angle this makes some of the hair remain within the Flickr, and then they start growing inwards causing irritation, and the layer appear as reddish bumps called razor bumps.
How to prevent them? Some of the easy tips
These burns can happen anywhere on the body where you have shaved. Razor burns cause redness and itchiness. You can rather prevent razor bumps than treating them later. Here are some of the tips that can help you get rid of the bumps easily.
- Clean Razor:You should use a clean razor preferably the one with a single blade as that reduces the chances of your hair curling inwards and avoid sharing tools with your friends and people in the family. Sharing razors can also cause razor bumps and other skin infections.
- Replace on time:You should also replace the blade often and use a new razor after a few days to avoid getting these bumps. Improper tools can worsen your condition.
- Try to avoid the razor:If your skin is prone to razor bumps, then you should avoid using a razor.If you cannot do that, then at least avoid shaving too often. Donot shave if it is too bumpy. Give up shaving for a few days and allow your skin to heal.This may take anywherefrom a few days to a few weeks.
- Use Gel or a lubricant:To avoid getting these bumps make it a habit of using a good lubricant to reduce friction. You can use any oil or moisturizer. You need to shave in the direction of the growth of your hair as this will reduce the chances of getting bumps. Make it a ritual to exfoliate the dead skin for this you can use any good scrub available in the market. This should be done a week.
- Use an aftershave:Also use a good aftershavelotion for a soothing cream when you’re done theshaving. You also use Aloe Vera or an ice pack to reduce inflammation.This will shut the open pores in your skin and prevent bumps. If you still get bumps that become infectious, please contact your dermatologist.
With the help of provided easy tips and a few precautions, one can avoid the razor bumps and itching skin. These tips are easy to follow and the best options for those who do not like to have the irritating skin due to the razor bumps.