In recent times, there’s been a lot of theoretical postulations on hair loss treatments and which of them may or may not be correct as it affects different individuals with different stages of hair loss.
Hair plays significant roles in the completion of the outward appearance and adds an aura of confidence with just a touch which highlights features that give extra radiance to the individual, discreetly of course, and hence, must be taken proper care of.
What is Hair Loss?
Hair loss involves the falling of hair strands prematurely contrary to the necessary routine healthy hair loss. Hair loss has mountains of effects on the individual among which is a massive blow to self-esteem – a major factor in the successful running of daily activities.
Hair loss can occur in both males and females, old and young alike. Although there are sever cases of hair loss as seen in balding and alopecia. These conditions are the primary reasons why hair loss at its mild state should not be overlooked.
Which Hair Loss Treatment Works?
These treatments listed among others have been found to be useful in the treatment of hair loss in both males and females. Some of the popular remedies for hair loss which work are;
Medications for Hair Loss
Currently, there are only two medications which have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of hair loss. These are Finasteride (oral), and Minoxidil.
- Minoxidil: this is the generic name and the active ingredients in hair loss medications. One of the most popular brands is Rogaine or Regaine. This is a topical solution which aids hair regrowth by increasing the flow of blood in the scalp, causing them to grow in size, thicken, and as such, stimulate hair growth.
- Finasteride: This is another very popular name and the second FDA-approved medication for the treatment of male pattern baldness. Propecia (one of the most popular oral drugs for hair loss), which is a branded drug containing Finasteride as the active ingredient.
Drugs that contain Finasteride as its active ingredient work by inhibiting the conversion of testosterone to the hormone known as DHT, which also happens to be the hormone that causes hair loss in both men and women.
The benefits of a scalp massage have not been fully explored, as it aids in moisturizing the scalp and leaving essential nutrients for the hair to feed on which enhances hair growth.
Essential oils, juices, ointments and cream, foams and solutions help in the mission to reduce the occurrence of hair loss. Rosemary oil stimulates hair growth, garlic juice or onion juice. These are oils and juices that are very effective in the control of hair loss.
Laser therapy using low-level light treatment is a relatively new method used for treating pattern hair loss in male and female. Laser red light has been shown to be effective in stimulating and energizing the cells within the hair follicle.
There are currently low-level laser devices in the market that can be used to treat hair loss and thinning hair in men and women which have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. Although this procedure has been around for over a long time, it was not until recently that the method began gaining acceptance.
This another excellent treatment for hair loss. Saw palmetto is the ingredient in shampoos that also prevents hair loss. An extract of saw palmetto berries may block 5 alpha-reductase, an enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT. This means that saw palmetto works the same way drugs that contain Finasteride do.
Pumpkin Seed Oil
Pumpkin seed oil is one of the best ways of stopping thinning and prevent hair loss. Products made from pumpkin seeds contain a unique amino known as cucurbitin which improves hair growth.
Pumpkin seed oil plays a minimal role in hair regrowth. While of these products are marketed as being capable of initiating hair regrowth, if you want to buy a pumpkin seed oil product, it should be for its ability to stop your hair from further thinning and hair loss.
A long list of treatments exists for hair loss, including Protein Intake, Egg Mask, Aloe Vera, Fenugreek seed and hair supplements like biotin. In the maintenance of hair health, it should be noted that hair is delicate and every treatment used must be in favor of its fragile state.
Also, the various treatments highlighted are working procedures but which is most effective for the individual is left to the results of the diagnosis.
Tips to Maximize Your Treatment
Hair loss may have no cure, but there are effective treatments that have been developed in recent times. Some of these treatments may be effective for one individual but irritable to the other. There are factors to be considered before any treatment can commence, these factors are;
- Proper Diagnosis – The need for appropriate diagnosis suppress a whole lot of other factors, hair loss may actually be as a result of stress, and all you need may be a dose of physical activity or a relaxing massage, proper diagnosis should not be overlooked as the first best treatment.
- Available Treatments – To different areas and locations in the world are different sorts of treatments available. Hence, if you are restricted by your location, you should seek treatments that fall within your budget and is available in your location.
- Affordability of Treatment – Setting a budget for treatment is also a way of streamlining the procedures available that you can use and still get maximum satisfaction.
- Allergies – This can be deduced after proper diagnosis; it tells the affordable treatment within my location will not strike up any other reactions that your body may have.
These factors must be considered appropriately before any treatment, natural or synthetic, is used.